These minutes remain unofficial until approved by the council at the next meeting.
Submitted by Clerk/Treasurer
March 14, 2018
The Town of Chester Council held their regularly scheduled meeting on February 14, 2018.
Members Present: Mayor James Dahlen Council persons Wendy Dauwalder, Tina Neer, Scott Ross, Rachel Ghekiere and Tonia Wickum
Members Absent: Shane Kenfield
Staff Present: John Kleinsasser (PWD)
Ashley Wickum (Clerk/Treasurer)
Guests: Paul Tuss- Bear Paw Development
- Mayor James Dahlen called the Public Hearing meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
- No public comment.
- Rachel Ghekiere made the motion to adjourn the public hearing, Scott Ross Seconded it, all in favor. Meeting adjourned at 6:01p.m.
- Mayor James Dahlen called the Regular meeting to order at 6:02 p.m.
- Tonia Wickum made the motion to approve the minutes of the regular council meeting February 14, 2018. Tina Neer seconded the motion. Motion to approve minutes passed with all voting ayes.
- Scott Ross made the motion to approve the claims submitted for payment with the addition of the American Legion $35 claim. Tonia Wickum seconded the motion. Motion to approve claims with addition of $35 claim passed with all voting ayes.
- The council reviewed the adjustments and journal entries made in February. Rachel Ghekiere made the motion to approve the adjustments and journal vouchers. Wendy Dauwalder seconded and the motion to approve the adjustments and journal entries passed with all voting ayes.
- Sheriff’s Office Report: None
- Guest Paul Tuss, Bear Paw Development presented the council with copies of the annual report and shared information about the program. Chester has been associated with Bear Paw Development since 1972. They currently serve 5 Counties and 2 reservations. Bear Paw Development will be in Chester on April 10th and would like to meet with the council to do a Informational 101 on Bear Paw.
- Approval of Job Posting: Tonia Wickum made a motion that we advertise for Lifeguards starting at $8.75, summer help, and a landfill attendant. Scott Ross seconded the motion and the motion to advertise for lifeguards, summer help, and landfill attendant. Motioned passed with all voting ayes.
- Approval to advertise for sealed bids for 2001 GMC pickup: Tonia Wickum made a motion to advertise for sealed bids for the 2001 GMC Pickup, Wendy Dauwalder seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes.
- Approval to advertise for sealed bids for East Shop Addition: Discussion on size of building and building plans. 60’x 80’ building with 3 doors, 14’ doors, 16’ walls, heated floor, electricity, floor drain down the middle of slab, unfinished shell. Scott Ross made the motion to advertise for bids for the East Shop 60’x80’ Addition to be opened at the April 11th . Wendy seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes.
- Approval- Pool Manager Salary: Tonia Wickum made the motion that Johanna Lesiak be paid $1,600.00 /Month for the position of Pool Manager for the months of May, June, July and August. Tina Neer seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes.
- Rachel Ghekiere mad the motion that the council adopt the resolution and sign the adoption to enter into contract with the State of Montana Deferred Compensation Plan/457b for the Town of Chester Employees. Tina Neer seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes.
- Floodplain Hazard Management Regulations Resolution: Tina Neer made the motion to adopt the updated floodplain regulations as required by the State. Rachel Ghekiere seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes.
- Additional Agenda Items
- PWD Report: John Kleinsasser reported that the Garbage truck could possibly be delivered by the end of March. The Town is working on curb drainage. There is currently 1 frozen water line, and a heating blanket was ordered, but was the wrong one, the correct one is on the way. It should be able to thaw @16 inches a day. Currently have water to the house from a neighboring house. Customer has been very good to work with. The Catholic Church is having sewer issues and want to put a lift in, it would be a 2 inch line and it is recommended that they go to the south with it. Jerry Myers has been hired for the job opening and is doing well.
- Clerk update: none
- Council Report: discussion about changing meeting time to 6:00 p.m.
- Tina Neer made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Wendy Dauwalder seconded. Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 p.m.