These minutes remain unofficial until approved by the council at the next meeting.
Submitted by Clerk/Treasurer
June 10, 2020
The Town of Chester Council held the regular council meeting on June 10, 2020 at the city shop.
Members Present: Mayor James Dahlen, Council persons, Wendy Dauwalder, Rachel Ghekiere, Tina Neer, Shane Kenfield, Scott Ross and Tonia Wickum.
Members Absent: none
Staff Present: John Kleinsasser (Public Works Director)
Ashley Wickum (Clerk/Treasurer)
Guest Present: Kelli & Stephen Nelson
Mayor James Dahlen called the regular council meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
- Public Comment:
- Scott Ross made the motion to approve the minutes from the Regular Council meetings on May 13, 2020. Shane Kenfield seconded the motion. Motion to approve minutes passed with all voting ayes.
- Claims were presented to the council for approval. Scott Ross made the motion to approve the claims submitted for payment. Tonia Wickum seconded the motion. Motion to approve claims passed with all voting ayes.
- The council reviewed the adjustments and journal entries made in May. Adjustment was made to account # 110-00 as the previous renter left an unpaid balance, and the home was sold by private sale. Ashley Wickum has tried to contact the previous renter and owner without any luck. Mayor would like to check with Justice of the Peace Holly Frederickson to see what we can do to collect the unpaid amount of $104.49. Rachel Ghekeire made the motion to approve the JV & Adjustments with this recommendation. Tonia Wickum seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes.
- Sheriff’s Office Report: Sheriff’s report was faxed to the council by Ellen prior to the meeting.
- New Business:
- Approval Building Permit – Global Agro: NO building permit was submitted by meeting time and representatives did not call or come to council meeting. No action taken.
- Vets Club Water Line – Ray Standiford would like to come in from the North or West. He was not able to attend meeting and will work with the Mayor and PWD on the best solution for the waterline.
- Opening of Bids for Obsolete Equipment: The following bids were received for the advertised obsolete equipment:
- Scraper –
$1500 Jer Johnson
- 4 wheeler-
$1800 Jer Johnson
$ 500 Kenny Osterman
- Mower& bagger-
$5200 Jer Johnson
$3150 Kenny Osterman
$2225 Mattson Bro’s
$1500 – John Wolery
$1200 – Aaron King
NO bids were received on the two obsolete trucks. Tina Neer made the motion to accept the highest bid for each item as listed: Scraper $1500 Jer Johnson, 4 Wheeler $1800 Jer Johnson, and Mower & bagger $5200 Jer Johnson. Wendy Dauwalder seconded the motion. Motion passed with all voting ayes. Letters will be sent out to each bidder letting them know the results.
- Chip Seal Project – advertise for bids – Discussion by council, table this and look at it next fiscal year.
- Old Business: none
- Additional Agenda Items: Pool updates: The pool will open the week of June 24th if Pool Manager Rita can get all of the life guards certified. Individual Passes $20, Family Pool Pass $50, Keep $3/session daily rate, Punch pass reduction to follow the individual and family pass reductions. All new life guards will start at $10 and any returning life guards will get $10 + .50 for each year of experience. Wendy Dauwalder made the motion to put into place the new reduced pass prices and life guard wages. Scott Ross seconded the motion. Rachel Ghekiere abstained from voting as she is going to be a life guard and is related to the pool manager. Motion passed with all voting in favor.
- MMIA is looking into the claim from Reynier Malan. The Town has liability insurance with a deductible of $750 and MMIA will investigate the claim.
- PWD Report: John Kleinsasser updated the council that the contractors are done hauling dirt and a detailed inspection will be done next week and signed off on along with a report from DEQ with the final levels in the dirt. Doors have been ordered for the park pavilion. The doors will have windows
- Clerk update: Clerk no report
- Council Report:
Tina Neer made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Rachel Ghekiere seconded. Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Submitted by_______________________ Approved by_________________________ Clerk Mayor